The Official News Site of The Pharcyde, The Benjamin Upper School Newspaper.

The Pharblog

New NBA Season In Full Swing

William Ziff, Sports Editor

Last night, there was a great slate of NBA games, including a few that went down to the last few minutes. The 76ers beat the Wizards 109-102, and were led by Jahlil Okafor (19 points), Ersan Ilyasova (16 points, 4 3 pointers) and Nik Stauskas (15 points). The Magic beat the Pelicans 89-82, and were led by Serge Ibaka (16 points, 8 rebounds). Terrence Jones had 26 points for the Pelicans. The Pacers pulled an upset by beating the Eastern Conference-leading Cavaliers 103-93. The Pacers were led by Jeff Teague, who had 20 points and 8 assists, and Paul George, who had 21 points and 11 rebounds. Kevin Love had 27 points and 16 rebounds in a losing effort. The Celtics beat the struggling Mavericks 90-83. The Celtics were led by Isaiah Thomas, with 30 points. Harrison Barnes had 28 points in the loss. The Knicks, led by Kristaps Porzingis (35 points, 7 rebounds) beat the Pistons 105-102. The Hawks beat the Bucks 107-100. Paul Millsap had 21 points and 8 rebounds in the winning effort. The Thunder beat the Rockets 105-103, capped off by a huge Russell Westbrook dunk to clinch the game with 7 seconds left. Westbrook had 30 points, 9 assists and 7 rebounds on the night, while Rockets superstar James Harden was held to a season-low 13 points. The Warriors defeated the Raptors in a shootout with the score of 127-121. The Warriors were led by Steph Curry (35 points, 7 assists) and Kevin Durant (30 points, 9 rebounds, 6 assists). NBAโ€™s leading scorer Demar Derozan scored 34 points for the Raptors. The Nuggets beat the Suns 120-104, and were led by Kenneth Faried, who had 20 points and 15 rebounds. Pine Crest High graduate Brandon Knight had 32 points in the losing effort. The Grizzlies, led by newly-paid Mike Conley (30 points), upset the Clippers 111-107. JJ Redick made 7 threes and scored 29 points for Los Angeles. The Spurs won in a very close game against the Sacramento Kings, 110-106. The Spurs were led by Pau Gasol, who had 24 points and 9 rebounds, while DeMarcus Cousins had 26 points and 17 rebounds for the Kings.